“They always put me at ease.”
Why Choose Salisbury Fertility Centre
We do our absolute best to make the process as stress-free and comfortable as possible
We appreciate that choosing a fertility clinic can often be a difficult task. We know that there are many factors that need to be considered and many questions that arise while making your choice so we thought we would highlight some of what we do to help you to decide.
- We treat both private and NHS patients.
- We offer a wide range of treatments. Please click here for details.
- All our treatments are comprehensive and delivered under experienced consultants.
- We are fortunate to have a relatively small team which allows us to establish close relationships with patients, one to one care and a personalised service.
- All the way through treatment our team are here to support and advise our patients.
- Although located at Salisbury District Hospital the centre is discreet and operates within a dedicated, self-contained unit.
- Being part of an NHS hospital means that our patients have access to all of the facilities they may need, right up to being able to have their baby delivered here in Salisbury. These facilities include pathology services, genetic testing and emergency care.
- All egg collections are completed under general anaesthetic providing reassurance to patients that they will not experience any discomfort or anxiety during this procedure.
- We are licensed by the Human Fertilisation and Embryology Authority (HFEA) and comply with their Code of Practice.
- Operating as part of Salisbury NHS Foundation Trust the centre benefits from the good governance, including customer care and quality monitoring, of an NHS organisation.
- We have a counselling service run by an independent counsellor, and two counselling sessions are available in all licensed treatments.
- We specialise in the management of fertility for men with spinal cord injuries and have close links with the Duke of Cornwall Spinal Treatment Centre.
- All our prices are transparent with no hidden costs.
- We are well thought of by NHS commissioners and hold contracts to treat NHS patients with 5 Clinical Commissioning Groups (CCGs) but we can also treat NHS patients under other CCGs.
- We endeavour to offer couples appointments with minimum waiting period so patients can begin treatment as soon as they are ready.
What Our Patients Say
“Thank you for making the whole experience feel so natural and making us feel we were/are the only patients you have. The service was always on time, quick but never felt rushed and always professional and friendly. I wish every department over the whole NHS was just like this. Thank you all once again.”
Mr & Mrs Smith
“The staff at SFC have always been so helpful and friendly. Thank you to all the staff there, my husband and I are expecting our first child due in October.”
“We were extremely happy with everything, all the nurses and staff in the clinic and the day unit are lovely. They all explain everything and make sure you understand what is happening. I never once felt we received poor treatment and would recommend anyone to go. Can’t praise them enough!”
“The patient care at SFC is second to none. Throughout the whole process from first consultation to embryo transfer we have felt very well informed and supported. We haven’t been the easiest case but each member of staff have gone out of their way to make the whole process much less stressful by discussing, in detail, at each stage. Thank you most sincerely.”
Egg Sharing Scheme
“Again, through a difficult time everyone was always really kind. All information given was helpful and informative. I knew you only had to pick up the phone should there be a problem.”
“We can not fault anything – very professional – very friendly – good communication and service – treated with care and understanding. Like an extended family.”
Frozen Embryo Transfer
“No comments other than all the staff at the fertility clinic were and are excellent. I could not fault the care that I received in the day surgery unit as well and it made my stay very comfortable and met my needs. You have an excellent team of doctors and nursing staff.”
“All the staff have been helpful and approachable. I’ve been put at ease on every visit. Every step of the way I have felt fully informed and had any questions answered. The team are fantastic and have always gone out of their way to make me feel comfortable. Thank you to you all.”
Egg Sharing Scheme
“We saw them (Salisbury) for secondary infertility in 2014 - really lovely knowledgeable doctor, we were really impressed. After the HSG I fell pregnant naturally so we didn't go any further but our experience to that point was lovely..”
“I went to Salisbury Fertility Clinic and was under Mr Fountain. 1st go at IVF (in vitro fertilization) and just gave birth to little boy Charlie. Just don't give up hope it will happen!!”
“My friend has had 2 rounds of IVF at Salisbury and really loved the team and the place - she couldn't fault it.”
“I had IVF (in vitro fertilization) at Salisbury Fertility Centre. We started Feb 2010, and it worked on our 1st cycle. I started off under Miss Davies and then ended up being looked after by Mr Fountain.
I have just had a little boy who is 5 days old. Don't stop believing that it will happen for you.”
“Everyone was really lovely and extremely helpful which helped us feel at ease through our whole cycle. We would definitely recommend your clinic.”
"Overall service and care provided by SFC (Salisbury Fertility Centre) has been outstanding."
Contact Salisbury Fertility Centre
Let us know how we can help
If we are unable to answer your telephone call there is an answerphone, so please leave a message and we will return your call as soon as possible.
The centre opens at 8.00am and we are here until 5.00pm, Monday to Friday.
Our nurses are involved in scans between 8.00am and 9.00am, so will usually return telephone calls after this time.
Salisbury Fertility Centre
Salisbury District Hospital
Tel: 01722 417224
Fax: 01722 425029
We are located in the central area of the hospital close to Day Surgery. Car Park 10 is the closest.
Contact us to request a map of the Hospital.